Municipalities and Regions
e5 - Municipal Energy Policy
The e5-programme is a quality management and certification system for municipalities and regions. It supports local authorities in establishing interdisciplinary planning approaches and implementing effective energy and climate policy measures.
Modeled on quality management systems the e5-programme has to be understood as a process where systematically
- vulnerabilities are uncovered and improvement potential is identified
- structures and processes for the successful implementation of energy- and climate protection projects are established and strengthened,
- a continuous improvement process is set in motion,
- community participation in energy policy decisions and activities is enabled and
- permanent supervision by qualified e5-consultants is provided.
Many offers and services of the Energy Agency Styria are free of charge for e5-communities. Regular checks of success and the award of up to 5e by an external commission complete the program.